The following are winners of the second annual Ethics in Business Award:
- Small Business: Ray of Light Fitness
- Medium Business: Rock Hill Bakehouse & Cafe
- Large Business: Lake George RV Park
The winners were chosen from a field of outstanding companies nominated by community members for their ethical conduct, integrity and civic responsibility within and without their organizations.
Nominations are now being accepted for the 2014 honorees. Please nominate your favorite “ethical” business by filling out the nominations form on this website.
Nominations will be accepted until we reach the maximum number of 36 nominees, so please nominate as soon as possible to insure your nominee gets considered for 2014!
The Counseling Center recognizes the connections of ethical behavior to the physical, psychological and spiritual health of the community, as explored in the Scriptural story of the Good Samaritan. The Center affirms the influence of employment practices, business conduct and workplace conditions on mental health. In sponsoring the Ethics in Business Awards, the Center is promoting ethical practices in our communities, encouraging local businesses, agencies and individuals to aspire to be considered for the awards. The awards also serve as a way for the Center to raise its public profile and to raise money for the Center’s operation.
The Adirondack Samaritan Counseling Center Board of Directors worked closely with SUNY Adirondack’s second-year business ethics class to develop a rigorous and quantitative analysis to measure the ethical behavior of each of the nominees. The Center recognizes the unique challenges of “measuring” ethics, and criteria were established to review nominees’ core values such as integrity, fairness, honesty, community involvement and public service.
A broad range of attributes are reviewed, including:
- history and reputation for ethical business practices
- tone at the top of the organization that reinforces the importance of ethics
- a business culture that supports compliance with laws and regulations
- strong ethics and conflict of interest policies and codes of conduct
- explicit set of core values that guide behavior
- effective risk management practices
- effective strategies to detect and prevent misconduct
- ethically responsive behavior when organizational mistakes have been discovered
- engagement of employees in volunteerism and community service
- breadth and depth of support for charitable and philanthropic causes
- emphasis on employee health and safety
- promotion of diversity
Nominations are being accept now!
CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL THE 2014 NOMINEES
|Adirondack Basement Systems|
|Adirondack Wine Merchant|
|Country Garden Greenhouses|
|Cumberland Farms Store# 1584|
|Dana Hogan Insurance Agency, Inc|
|Desire Hair Designs|
|Evia Motors. Inc|
|Falls Farm and Garden|
|Hiland Park Country Club|
|Jacobs & Toney Meat Store of the North Country|
|North Country Imports|
|Parker Machine Co, Inc|
|Quaker Bay Roofing|
|Schutze Family Dentistry|
|Sutherland Pet Center|
|The Country Kitty B&B|
|The Log Jam Restaurant|